The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

Jamie

Happy New Year!! How exciting to be starting another year together, here Under the Willow Tree! I hope it's going to be a great one, full of wonderful moments to share. Despite me being barely on the road to recovery and Justin being really sick, we made our traditional New Year's Eve mushroom risotto (yum!) and shared sparkling wine at midnight. What a joy to be cozy at home, surrounded by love, treats and presents. I'm so thankful for all blessings - including my wonderful family!



Shannon

Happy New Year!  I was so excited that right before the New Year arrived my BluRay player arrived.  I was paranoid to miss the delivery that I not only made this note, I also waited within earshot for most of the day.  I'm sure that probably sounds like overkill, but that's the way I wanted to work it and it worked!  I'm so excited and have already tried many of the features and am totally loving it!



Suzie

We had to cancel plans with friends for New Year's because they got the stomach flu and we were still sick. I just could not make dinner so I ordered a pizza and, since it was probably their busiest night of the year, Reg went out and picked it up. What a sweetheart. I always forget that it's not just the joy of having the night off cooking but the night off cleaning from getting takeout. I desperately needed the rest.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So sorry to hear you are sick Suzie, that's a pretty sucky way to ring in the new year. I'm glad you didn't have to cook or clean and could relax. Hey, maybe relaxing is the way to settle into the new year :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Happy New Year, my awesome sisters! Here's to bringing in the New Year with a new blu-ray player. Sweet! And perhaps that pizza is the sign of more ease in the coming year. That would be delicious!

I'm sending you both lots of love and big beautiful wishes for the coming year. I'm so glad we get to share so much together.

Shannon said...

I'm so happy to hear that even with being sickies you could do your traditional risotto on New Years Jamie!

It's amazing that we've been doing The Willow Tree for a whole YEAR! That's amazing!

Here is to a fabulous and prosperous 2013 for all of us. YAY Sisters!! :)