The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Jamie

Yesterday I led a live dreamboard circle under the Full Wolf Moon here in Toronto. One of my favourite new things we tried is that as well as our own, we created a dreamboard for the world. I'm really excited to share that with people. It was a beautiful, heart-warming experience. It's great to have the opportunity to create in community - never mind howling together at the moon!



Suzie the Foodie's Weird Bday Weekend

Suzie

My birthday weekend was insane! Our car died downtown Friday and thankfully Jen came to the rescue and we brought it back to life. It was so cold on Saturday I'm sure my ears got frost bitten. I tried to find clothes at Lululemon, Reg's bday gift to me. The pants were great but their shirts were so small I got stuck in the largest size. I thought I was going to have to get Reg's help. It was humiliating. I finally got it off but was sure I wrenched my shoulder out of its socket. By the time we got home after getting groceries, I couldn't move. That said, on Sunday I played in my crafts room and have decided to avoid the outside world at all costs for as long as possible. Ugh!

7 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, that's a lot of challenges in a short period of time, Suzie! Playing in your crafts room sounds like the perfect remedy.

I've found that with Lululemon too. We should write them a letter about being more accommodating with their tops. It's awful how their limitations can make us feel bad. I hope the pants make you feel great :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

And omg, I love your Jams!

Suzie Ridler said...

It was crazy Jamie! I still don't feel like I have recovered yet but I'm taking it slow today.

I would totally be happy to write to Lululemon about that. I was shocked, especially after their size 12 pants being so large and yet their shirts being so small. I really need shirts more than anything too. They were great though, very helpful.

:) Thank you. I am so thrilled about that jam pendant and I am adding a mini jar of jam to hang from it as well! Thanks so much Jamie! I'm feeling so tender about my jewellery. :)

Shannon said...

Howling at the moon! So much fun :) I had a great time dreamboarding live Jamie! Oh, I have to share my board! I'm a little behind on pictures. I can't wait to see the board for the World! Oh man I forgot to take a picture of that as well!

Wow, that was a challenging weekend Suzie! But I'm glad you did get out for some birthday celebrations, even though they were a little bumpy. And at what point of the weekend where you having Jam? OH! Is that from your crafting! It's so kitschy, I love it.

Shannon said...

I've heard that about Lulu Lemon too, very surprizing that they don't have a wider selection of sizings. Writing would be a good idea!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I absolutely love the idea of creating dreamboards for the world, that is so beautiful. I envy that you get to to that with a group! When you say live, do you mean online or in person? Both? Just curious. Love it and wow, the moon was crazy here this weekend, gorgeous!

Yes, the jam is for my pendant. I made two versions but the ice resin with pastels and gel food colouring worked best, it's on the spoon. It's spread out a little more now but still cute.

OK, I'm going to write them! I just need to!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a great time, Shannon. I'm so glad you could come.

Yes, Suzie, this was live and in person.

It was wonderful creating a dreamboard for the world. I shared it on my Facebook page and will also put it in a post later this week. I have to post my dreamboard too!