The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2012

Jamie

I couldn't have been more thrilled to see the interloper yesterday morning! After seeing those tracks, I was pretty sure he'd been stopping by but I hadn't seen him at all. For the past couple of days I've put out some food in the mornings, but nothing. Then I'm chatting with Shannon on the phone and I take a quick look and notice - food is gone! And there he is, calm as you like, cleaning himself on the fence. When I opened the door, he came closer and even hung out for a while. I finally feel like our traumatic misunderstanding is in the past. I'm so glad to be on this adventure.




Shannon

I announced my Sci-Fi Suprize Series this weekend (slightly awkwardly renamed from SciFi Sundays which I think was a way better title but I didn't want to schedule-commit to Sundays). Anyhow, watched my first film Laser Mission with Brandon Lee and Ernest Borgnine (and it was pretty horrible, not even sci-fi but I loved every minute of it) and picked my next film to watch as well. So far, lots of fun, and that's the point so YAY.





Suzie

While Reg was at guitar class I had some time on the computer and made this one minute foodie video, something I have been thinking about doing for a while now. Other than that, I've been resting and resting and my cold just doesn't want to get better. I think it's the dryness making my cough worse. Crappy time for our humidifier to stop working! 

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, my heart is filled with happiness that it was the Interloper coming to visit, I knew it! He looks very happy to have found a sanctuary on your porch. Yay! So glad this story is continuing.

Shannon, is that Brandon Lee in the photo?! I realize now that I only know him really as The Crow. I loved the video and your enjoyment through the terrible-ness of the movie was so fun to watch and I totally get it. Sometimes movies like that are the best!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that The Interloper showed up Jamie, and the journey can start back up again. It has been quite the adventure :)

I love the tutorial Suzie, so quick but filled with all the info you need and great pics to boot. Brilliant idea! I hope you are feeling better soon, and you can always do the old-school self-made humidifier trick of a bowl of steaming water + towel over your head and the bowl. It works well, I do that when I get a cold.

Shannon said...

Yep, that's Brandon Lee (in one of this fabulous 'disguises') talking to Ernest Borgnine in the film. Oh man, such a doozy. I'm glad you enjoyed the video!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I actually love the name SciFi Surprise! It's going to be an adventure. I have to watch your video. In that pic, he reminds me of Will from Sanctuary. Must be the glasses!

These foodie minutes are brilliant, Suzie! It's such a good way to share information in quick... um.. bites!

Thanks for sharing the interloper adventure with me. This little one and I are definitely in a story together. I didn't see him this morning but the food did disappear. Sneaky-sneaky.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm imagining you visiting again this summer, Suzie, and him casually sauntering in and saying hi.

Suzie Ridler said...

Sci-Fi Sundays always make me think of watching geeky stuff at Mom's place for dinner.

Yay! Thanks, so glad you like the tutorial! I have gotten 3 new subscribers after putting it up so that must be a good sign. I do worry that my other interests (crafting, Hexed) might be confusing for people who subscribe. I don't want to make another channel but I might have to.

I will try that trick tonight before bed Shannon, that's brilliant.

Oh that Interloper is a sneaky one! I love it and I do hope I get to met him. I love that you imagine that Jamie. :)