The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, September 19, 2016

September 18, 2016

Jamie

On Saturday we had a busy day! We popped out to a garage sale, I went to the gym and then we went on a massive hunt for a pull-out bed. We started at Avenue Road and Davenport, walked all the way to Queen & Yonge then over to Queen and Bathurst then up to College to stop for dinner. It's really tough to find a good fit the range of quality and price is huge. We definitely want people to feel comfortable when they stay, we want to be able to use the room the rest of the year and we only have so much in our budget - a familiar story! So far, this one is the favourite but in a nice navy blue (since we already have a red couch). 


Shannon

I was so excited to sit down and read King Lear, and oh my goodness, it was so good! I didn't realized that I had been reading so many of the Histories from Shakespeare, and that they totally aren't by bag but guess what: Tragedies are. YES. yes YES! It was dark and crazy and firey and weather-y and planet-y and just... wow. I was so impressed. This one was such a winner. And I mostly understood it (huzzah!), that might be because I went with reading the entire things aloud (hence the lemon tea), as a way to participate in the #Slowathon which encouraged reading for enjoyment and not the numbers. Of course, now that I've read it I can't wait to watch the Stratford production that's available over at the CBC site & app.

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that couch reminds me so much of the one you have in your living room! Looks like a good fit to me and I totally get it. We went with a folding couch for company, nice to have the extra space.

Shannon, look at you Ms. Tragedy Queen! I love it and it's true, so much drama. I think I would find the historical plays too dry for me. Hey, is it still hot there? You're wearing a tank top right? I hope it cools down soon.

Shannon said...

You can never have too many red couches! Just kidding! I'm impressed at the huge trek you've done for a pull out couch Jamie, I'm tired just reading all the places. I'm sure you will fid the right one :)

Yes, it was quite warm on the weekend. Not enough to put the AC on but pretty warm. I imagine it will be colder by the time you get here. And YES to Tragedies ! they be awesome. They will likely be my fave as comedy goes over my head and the histories are crazy dry. I'll probably finish the histories first! I think I'm 1/2way there.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm so glad you guys like the couch! We actually decided on a similar but different one from a store close to us - better price, free delivery, free warranty. Yay!! It's being delivered on Sunday.

And yay that not only you read King Lear, Shannon, but also that you read it aloud and that you liked it. Talk about a win!! I really enjoy that play.

Suzie, I was trying so hard to remember what play(s) we saw when we went to Stratford. Do you remember?

Suzie Ridler said...

It's just one week before I'm there and yes, there is supposed to be a dip in temperature which is good.

Jamie, we saw MacBeth and Guys and Dolls when we were at Stratford. And maybe one other show...

Shannon said...

I can't believe you will be here so soon Suzie! I'm so excited!!