The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, September 9, 2016

September 9, 2016

Jamie

It's an amazing thing to wake up in the morning at home and then spend the evening watching theatre in a different city! We started our Stratford vacation with the worry of rain but had only one downpour while we were eating our lovely lunch in a little cafe. Afterwards we toured the downtown, found a cozy pub for dinner and then were enchanted by The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Perfect!



Shannon

Cat sitting time for me! I had a great time hanging out with the kitties and being a cat Auntie. It was pretty hard to get a picture of all three of them unless they were eating, so I went with 2 pics. Shibumi and Escher seem to be together a lot, and Scout kept me company a lot! It was so sweet to be able to hang out with them for a few days. They are such great cats!


Suzie

Maybe it's fitting that on the day we played Call of Cthulhu I had some serious dizzy spells going on. At first I thought it was hunger-related but even after lunch and with a lie down I was still dizzy. We went from serious darkness and rain to completely clear skies so that drastic change with the barometric pressure must have been the cause... Right???

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, that a time to feel something like that Suzie! Anything unexplainable and strange definitely can have a Lovecraft vibe. I hope you had fun playing The Call of Cthulhu before they set in. I still have to read that story! I've read a fair amount of Lovecraft but no Cthulhu yet!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

I am totally envious of your cat sitting time, those are adorable photos!!! Glad they kept you company and vice versa Shannon.

It was such weird timing with the dizzies but we are having clear skies now for over a week so it was a super strong system that came in. So glad I was still able to go gaming, I've been wanting to play that game for ages! I haven't read the book but I saw a black and white movie about it and man, is it freaky. I think it's just a short story.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thank you so much for cat sitting, Auntie Shannon! I am so glad that you all got to hang out together. I am so appreciative of you sending us pics too!

Suzie, big shifts of barometric pressure always give me horrible dizzy spells. I am frustrated by how often it occurs and when it does, I am just out! Put that together with Cthulu and no wonder you had to lie down!

Shannon said...

I love that picture Jamie! What an atmospheric set for The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe. I'm so glad the the rain only made one appearance! And cat sitting was a total pleasure :)