The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 11, 2017

Jamie

Over the holidays, Justin and I decided to sponsor a young girl in Africa. It was just her birthday so on Friday Shannon and I went out and found some treats we could send her and yesterday I packaged them all up and got them ready to send. It takes weeks for letters to get from here to there but I hope she'll be delighted when it arrives. I also hope that one day she'll write us a letter and tell us about herself and her life.


Shannon

I've been having fun adding Just Dance back to my repetoire, and I have a feeling I will be doing a *lot* more of it in the future. In moderation of course. Okay as much moderation as this extremist can handle!




Suzie

Reg and I drove out to Coquitlam to get our checkup at the dentist and it's unbelievable how much Coquitlam has changed. When we lived there the building in the middle and the left weren't there and there was no skytrain. You could see Burke Mountain clearly. That said, I am very happy we had a very clear (but cold) drive out there. They were calling for freezing rain but it disappeared. I even picked up produce while Reg was in there so we came home with food too but man, the cold and going to the dentist in general is so stressful, rested the rest of the day. So tired.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow those buildings really do obscure the skyline, or the.. mountainline? Amazing how much it has changed, but I guess expansion is necessary sometimes. I'm glad you came home with food! It's always good to have something to eat after an appointment day.

Suzie Ridler said...

Way to go Shannon!!! Love that you're getting back to dance. That's awesome.

Shannon said...

omg Suzie, we posted a comment at the *exact* same time!

Suzie Ridler said...

That is too funny!!! Yes, we did, exactly the same time, LOL. Awesome!

It's true, so happy to have fresh food again. Gotta get meat and stuff sometimes too but still, yay salad.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Dance Quests!! I love that. I wish I had that on my version. I should come to your place for quests and you should come to mine for the world stage!

Suzie, wow, I remember that view and has it ever changed. It's kind of sad to have the mountain blocked like that. Good for you for getting to your dental checkup. That is always exhausting!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so cool your are sponsoring a girl Jamie and sending her bday treats! I had no idea, thank you for sharing that.

You two have inspired me to put Just Dance in my wishlist, LOL.

Yes, we were very devastated at the changes that have happened in Coquitlam. It doesn't feel like the same place at all, although it is nice to get out of the city to some place near the mountains even if it means going to the dentist.

Shannon said...

How wonderful to see at whats is heading out to the young girl you sponsor Jamie! It was wonderful to help look for things to send, I hope she really likes it. And we definitely should enjoy each others versions of Just Dance, Jamie! I miss the World Stage!

You should totally check out Just Dance Suzie! I have really been enjoying it.