The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4, 2017

Jamie

Journal Club has been off to a deep and powerful start this season. We have Lynx as our guide and she is full of secrets. Every season is different and every season is a fascinating journey. I'm so glad that Journal Club has become a part of the studio!


Shannon

It was so fascinating to watch the documentary Minimalism with Jamie. I found it so engaging, and had things I completely agreed with and other I questioned strongly. And I even fangirled at one moment, which was kind of hilarious. It gave me lots to think about, especially about ease, about what important and the culture of things and why we are drawn to them. So fascinating!



Suzie

Horrible snowy depressing day. Couldn't get off the couch to do much more than make some chicken broth. Yes, that is chicken. Michelle thought it was a snowball so of course I started asking myself, what would snowball soup taste like? That is an much inspiration as I could muster. Crap day.

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks for mentioning Minimalism Shannon, I found it on Netflix and added it to my list. I am so curious who you fangirled over!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It was such a treat to watch the movie together, Shannon. I super enjoyed seeing it again. It's so thought-provoking. Suzie, I hope you enjoy it too. Maybe it's an Art & Netflix pick. Amazingly, I'd watch it again no problem.

Chicken broth sounds like the perfect way to combat the snowy outdoors, Suzie. LOL, I bet you could make a kick-butt snowball soup!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, I didn't realize Lynx were known for being mysterious, sounds like a fascinating Journal Club already!

Shannon said...

I love that Lynx is our guide this season. It's wild the different energy that comes with the different animals. I am so curious to see what secrets she will reveal (or keep to herself!).

I wasn't quite sure what that was either Suzie, I thought maybe a super-big dumpling! How wonderful to have homemade soup on such an otherwise yucky day.

Jamie suggested the Minimalism movie Suzie, I will be curious to hear what you think! I would totally watch for Art & Netflix!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh but you both have already watched Minimalism, right? Should I hold off watching it?

And I love the idea of a super-big dumpling.