The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8, 2017



Shannon

Whelp, where freezing rain hits I know it's one kind of weather that means cancelling plans. So I did! Great to have a found day (and smart me went and got food and did errands yesterday), and although I did a bunch of art stuff I didn't take pics! You know you are in the zone when that happens. I did notice these trees were getting all icicled-up, and that I will say, is a first for me. Icicles. On tree trunks. Weird day!



Suzie

Was introduced to contour drawing and blind contour drawing today. Didn't like it. I don't like drawing slowly and meditatively at all. At least now I know.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

It's true! When you don't take photos of art, you know you are totally absorbed in the process. And yes, weird, look at those mini icicles!

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear you weren't a fan of contour or blind contour drawing Suzie, but yay to you for doing it! Knowing what you like and don't like is sooooooooooo helpful!

And amazingly, all the ice is already melted!