The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

February 9, 2017



Shannon

I've been wanting to switch around the stuff beside my desk for a few weeks, and today I got started on it. This pic makes it look not too bad, but stuff has spilled over to EVERYWHERE! And I was just enjoying a few days of clear-coffee-table-top-goodness. I couldn't do it all in one day, but hopefully I will be able to get it settled soon.



Suzie

I have been at the studio the last two days and really needed content for my food blog and to get going on my book so I did it. I figured out a way to de-pit a lot of olives at once and make a tapenade. I also got the library before the snowstorm hit and now have a HUGE pile of cookbooks to study and learn from when it comes to writing a foodie book.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ohhhh how did you depit all the olives at once? And is it better to depit yourself? I think I've always gotten pitted ones. I'm so curious to hear how the tapenade worked out. I hope the cookbooks provide lots of awesome inspiration!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh that does happen, doesn't it Shannon, everything moving from space to space. I have a hard time being in my crafts room because of it right now. I think your space is looking awesome!

For individual olives I used a meat mallet but you could use the bottom of a glass. For a whole bunch at the same time I used my cast iron grill pan. I put it on top, pushed down and moved it around. It worked extremely well!

Shannon said...

Oh wow, I would have sat down with a little knife and a bowl and just done them by hand. Hilarious how we can all do the same thing in different ways! I'm glad you found a way that worked for you!