The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10, 2017

Jamie

On Sundays I try and make some time for art. Yesterday I had this little bowl of water on the table to clean my fingers because I was working with so much glue. Then I noticed the reflection of the curtains in the surface. Beautiful.


Shannon

I did it!!! I wrapped all of my unread book, and I got the majority of them on my shelves but there was one pile you can see that didn't quite make it. But that's okay. I'm sure as I start reading them I will free up some space. I can't wait to see what Jamie picks as my first set of books!! Weeeeeee!!!!



Suzie

What a weekend! Well I wasn't bored this time. Epic weekend on The Drive including Car Free Day. Went out to lunch with a friend and walked almost the entire Drive. I am getting stingy with money and ended up not spending anything on Sunday. It was fun but I am exhausted.
SaveSave

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, those look beautiful! What an amazing project. I think I wouldn't be able to stop taking pictures of them. I'm so honoured that I'm going to get to pick some for you!

Wow, Suzie, I hopped over to your post - what a day! I have to say though it seemed like the perfect Suzie evenT. What an adventure. I hope today you get to rest and recuperate. The pictures are awesome!

Suzie Ridler said...

That a photograph Jamie! It is one thing to see the magic in the moment like in that reflection, it is another to actually capture it on camera. Bravo! And yay for art.

Shannon that is incredible! What a project, you did a great job. Can't wait to find out what Jamie chooses.

Thank you for checking out that post, what a crazy weekend! I wish I could say yes to so many foodie opportunities but money is tight and sometimes it is OK to say no. Although I really wanted a Slavic roll damn it!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, Jamie, that photo is gorgeous! I love it. And how smart to have a bowl of water for when working with glue to help you get rid of sticky-finger-ness!

Sounds like and amazing weekend Suzie! So much foodie goodness and lots to explore. I'm surprized you didn't get anything from the vintage kitchen, it looks great! how wonderful she told you about another sale later in the year, too!

I am so glad you both like how the books look! I had a great time wrapping them (okay, it was hard...but it was fun too). I admit, I have spent time just gazing at them, lol.

Suzie Ridler said...

I was trying to hold onto my $$$ so I could get a Slavic Roll and they weren't there! I asked the vintage kitchen lady about that white Christmas tree we had as a kid and she knew what I was talking about and said they're next to impossible to find. So sad.

They books look so lovely Shannon! I would gaze at them too.

Shannon said...

Aww that's too bad they didn't have a Slavic Roll. And thanks Suzie! I did some gazing and rearranging today (just for fun!).