The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 8, 2017



Suzie

I suddenly had an entire day to myself and some time before the studio so I made a video giving advice on buying an ice cream maker. It wasn't easy for me. Especially when I watched the video and saw my skin all discoloured and awful even with lots of makeup so I added a special effect that made me glow. Far from the truth of how I look but it was better than just deleting it. I really have been gathering points on buying an ice cream maker and wanted to share them so if I have to add special effects to do so? Fine. It is the message, not the face that matters.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh that is so challenging when you do a video but aren't happy with it. I have had that before, but never thought of using an effect - extra points for creativity there Suzie. I'm sure people will hear the message, and way to go on sharing tips you've saved up on buying an ice cream maker. That is a very generous share!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon. It's hard when it is an aesthetic thing about yourself you can't change or hard with makeup. Hurts my heart but yes, found a way around it and nobody has mentioned the special affect. Thank you! I really wanted to help people with their purchases and hope this video does just that.