The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, October 16, 2017

October 16, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday was just the weirdest day weather-wise. The wind was wild. The sky was grey. Suddenly it would rain like crazy and then it would be sunny. In the midst of all of that, it was great to sit down to art day with Shannon and just focus on drawing and hanging out. Though I think we discovered that it's harder to talk while drawing, LOL! Who knew?


Shannon

Nothing like a power out! A windy, windy day made the power go poof! And there was a brief moment where the lights came back on... and than they went out for a few hours. I'm glad I picked up candles!


Suzie

A lot happened on the weekend but the most memorable was Oktoberfest! I really didn't think a non-drinker would find it fun but man was I wrong! The night whizzed by and it was a complete blast. I wish I had the rest of the weekend to rest but nope... Life has been super busy lately and I guess I just gotta enjoy it before my body can't keep up.

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm glad you had a good time at Oktoberfest, Suzie! I'm so curious what it was like. I remember going to one celebration and to get across the dance floor you absolutely had to polka!

Suzie Ridler said...

Your owl subject is gorgeous and so cute! I wonder if he impacted your ability to draw and talk at the same time, they hear EVERYTHING. We seem to have gotten the same weather a day later and in the wrong direction.

I did a post on Oktoberfest if you want to see. Man, it was so much fun and the food was insanely delicious! Yes, it was all about the polka although the band did a lot of contemporary music too like Do You Love Me?! which was so much fun. I had no idea. I thought you had to be wasted to really "get it" but nope. It was a blast.